Thursday, October 21, 2010

How it Begins

As long as I can remember my father was in love with his youth. He loved the 50's and 60's, music, television, everything. We used to listen to "good music" when he'd pick me up on weekends and drive all over seeing his friends, going to the arcade or watching classic sci-fi movies.

One thing my dad always talked about was having an awesome car. He wanted a car with classic lines and a monster under the hood. He had the dream to take an older chassis and trick it out to be his dream hot rod.

Several years ago he started the project. He wouldn't tell me much about it, just that he was working on things with some friends. He wanted it to be a complete suprise, and when it was done take me and my grandmother for a ride. My father was always a dreamer. One of his best qualities in my opinion. I chalked up most of his talk to dreams and desires as opposed to actual tangible results.

My dad died on August 6th this year. Three days before he died, I went to his friend's house where he had been staying while being very ill. His friend took me to the garage to see something I had only heard about. The start of a modified 1938 Chevrolet Master Sedan. He and his friend had been working on it off and on for years. I knew as soon as I saw it what had to be done. My family and I made arrangements to buy the car off of my father's friend and start the process of finishing one of my dad's dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us the history Chris. Will be very cool when this thing is running again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again Kristi for storing it! Should be a heck of a project.

    ReplyDelete